Thursday, May 26, 2011

My team lost

Tonight was game 5 of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals.  If my team won, they would get to play in game 6, if my team lost (which they did) they would be done for the year.  I admit, I love sports, I love playing them and I love watching them, even though I admit I am much better at watching them then I am at playing them.  While I understand that sports are a distraction, a tool for the yetzer hara (the evil inclination) to distract us from what is really important, old habits die hard, and we all need to work out, and we all need fresh air, sports are still a major distraction.  So, that is why, on one hand, while I am sad that my team lost, on the other, I am happy, because now I will be less distracted when it comes to work, and learning, and can focus my attention on what really matters, namely my Avodah and my relationship with Hashem.

No comments:

Post a Comment