Thursday, January 10, 2013

Goals

My wife is almost finished reading a book called "Being Happy" by Andrew Mathews, and she told me that I had to read the chapter on goals, she said that she got a lot out of it and I would to she felt if I also read the chapter.  So far I have read 15 pages of this chapter, and I have gotten a lot out of it.  One thing I realized is that I have never really had any goals in life, which is why I have sort of drifted through life and why I find myself at the age of almost  31, saying the same things that I have said for the past 4 years or so.  This year I am going to get that great job... this year I am going to lose weight... This year I will really learn Torah...  this year I am going to get married...  Well, at least that one I did accomplish about 11 months ago.  So perhaps it is time, and I have the time with a broken leg and all, to really sit down, figure out some goals for myself- short, medium, and long term goals, and then start attacking them.
Here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment